Friday, December 30, 2011

a look back on 2011

What a year this has been.

January:
  • fulfilled a life-long dream and served in Haiti
  • said my final goodbye to my Papi - love you more, can't go higher, can't go lower, can't go the same!
February:
  • started dating Tim
  • held my 5th annual dessert party and raised $2,200 with approximately 150 guests, in support of Canada Fights Human Trafficking
March:
  • paid off my car, woo-hoo I'm debt-free!
April:
  • broke up with Tim - he was the friend I needed in the time of loss, and looking back I'm grateful for the short time we knew each other
  • was asked to lead a fundraising gala in support of Canada Fights Human Trafficking
May:
  • I officially started attending Rehoboth URC
  • the gala I was planning was suddenly cancelled, with a week left to go
June:
  • Mami visited!!
  • officially became one-half of the "fun committee" for the All Ontario Reformed Young Adults group and kicked off the summer with our first event - we now do at least one event a month
  • Tim McGraw
July:
  • Peter & Brianna got married (and had an ice cream truck, woah!)
  • U2
  • Jordan & Amanda came home for a visit
August:
  • Hillsongs
  • received as a baptized member at Rehoboth
September:
  • helped out at the Ignite the Road to Justice tour, led by Miss Canada, Tara Teng
  • participated in the Walk for Freedom, a 5km walk in downtown Toronto - raised about $750 with Kim H
October:
  • celebrated my 6th anniversary of living in Hamilton
November:
  • joined the ARPA (Association for Reformed Political Action) Board for Hamilton
  • participated in the 5km run for the Joy & Hope of Haiti
December:
  • home for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment