Friday, December 30, 2011

oh hi there

It's about 12:30 in the morning between Thursday night and Friday ... and I should be in bed. Well, actually with the beauty of the laptop I am IN bed, but I should be sleeping.

This laptop has given me some grief these last 2 days, I never know if it's going to work and I have a message sitting in drafts to a friend and want to make sure it gets sent before I go to bed, just in case the computer decides to go on the fritz tomorrow - only FB is being difficult and not sending messages at the moment.

So I figured that now was an opportune time to update. Except that now that I'm ready to blog, my eyelids are getting droopy and my fingers are getting tired.

I have made a play date with my nephew for this Saturday morning, which I expect will involve trains, cars and hugs and kisses. He's a cute kid - it's hard for me to believe that 4 years ago I was sitting in my parents living room playing "Never Have I Ever" with Mami, Papi, Rob, Mischo and a very pregnant Kandy. In just 2 months my sweet nephew will be celebrating his 4th birthday. That means he goes to school next year. I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that. That also means that his cousin, Anouk, will be 4 in June. When did my niece and nephew get to be so old? When did the last 4 years transpire?!

Speaking of time transpiring, I was visiting some friends from MRAC tonight and their 7 year old son. I remember back to a time when we prayed for this very son to be born. He is a true blessing and delight to his parents who are some of the sweetest, kindest and wisest people I know. I often replay a conversation I had with my friend Cindy back in 2003 when I was a youth leader and we were chaperoning the annual senior high retreat. That conversation has carried me through many difficult times in relationships and in times of questioning where God has me and as I have grown to be the woman God has created me for. My outlook on relationships and God's plan for my life changed because of a simple conversation with a wise friend.

This time home for Christmas has not been an easy one, but I am committing to giving it over to God and waking up tomorrow with a better attitude. I have not been praying diligently as I should and need to remember 1 Thess 5:17 - pray continually.

Time to get some rest in anticipation of a wonderful couple days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment