Tuesday, November 15, 2011

goals

I'm a bit of a list freak. I make lists about everything. The idea of a book full of different kinds of lists is something I'd buy. I make lists about making books to hold lists.

I love lists. Something else I love, that might be derived from my love of lists, is my love of organization. You might not always know it to look in my apartment, due to the fact that my love for organization is continually at odds with my love of being social. Full social life = limited time to keep the home organized.

So, how does a social butterfly who loves organization solve such a dilemma? She creates a list, obviously.

Last night as I was getting ready for bed I made a list of all the things I would like to accomplish on a daily basis - from things as basic as remembering my vitamins and flossing (I have a dentist appointment in a couple weeks...) to things requiring more effort, such as sit-ups and push-ups to things as important as doing devotions. My daily list has 17 items on it. Not all need to be done everyday, but it would be ideal. So I created a little chart with dates for the next week (can't be too ambitious) across the top, tasks down the left, and divided each column and row into a mini excel spreadsheet that I check off each night before going to bed.

I still have a couple things to do - but Day 1 was a success!

And yes, writing a blog post IS on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment