Monday, June 06, 2011

the boys boss is back in town...

My boss came back to work today! For a day and then she's gone again to a conference. It was nice to see her, to touch base about what's happened over the last 2 weeks and to once again be reaffirmed in my work. She (obviously) wanted to know what I'd been up to while she was on vacation and she was really impressed with all that got accomplished and the initiative I took.

I'm beginning to feel somewhat more secure and confident in my role, especially since I had 2 weeks to buckle down, for the most part uninterrupted, to really get a handle on things. There were a few tasks that have been hanging over my head for the last couple months but I have not had time to even review them and I (almost) completed them! One was creating a database of potential clients in one of the 14 sectors we specialize in. It took about 3 days of work, but I've got a brand new database with 469 prospective clients.

Also, my work area is was clean! It was so nice and tidy when I left, but by the end of today, it was scattered with papers again. Oh well, it looked nice on Friday.

Boss leaves tomorrow for a 4 day conference and will be back next Monday and then I get my review on Wednesday. Looking forward to it :)

1 comment:

  1. about your untidy desk: I've often said: I do not trust people with a spotless desk. arlene

    ReplyDelete