Friday, October 20, 2006

this week

I'm tired.

I have not worked less than five days in a week since the beginning of September. Not so conveniently that was also when I started going to school five days a week. Oh joy. So I'm scheduled for five days again next week, but I think Beth is going to take one of my shifts (yipee) and when I finally get to see Judy I'm going to ask her to reduce my hours.

So what happened this week?

I had a midterm in Communications for Business English (sounds less elementary when I add the business part), I don't know that I did very well-I really don't like my teacher for that class. It was an eventful day though, one of my classmates swore at the teacher and our teacher almost swore back. What a way to start your day!

After that though we had a three hour break between classes because our second class (a 2 hour one) got cancelled, so I did a lot of homework. Finished up one web page and created two more. They're really basic though, so no need to be too impressed. :)

And...I picked up my schedule for peer tutoring next week. I have two 1-hour sessions (one on Monday and another on Friday). Apparently I'm teaching a second year student Document Processing. I'm going to give them a call this week and find out what exactly they're struggling with, because it's a little absurd for me to teach someone ahead of me. What joy.

After school today Mrs LeaKer picked me up and took me out to pick up my birthday present. I got beautiful white gold earrings that are called "huggies" see here for an example. Then we picked up my laundry, went back to their house so I could put it in and then she took me out for lunch. I also got a birthday gift from Grandma S, a nice card and a cute stuffed dog from TY named "Crinkles", she attached a note that said "I need a hug". It was so sweet. I'm going to send her a thank you card, it was really nice that she remembered me. :)

Tonight I was manager at work, it was a crazy day. My boss understaffed us and then someone called in sick. To top it off the store manager was there and was breathing down my neck. Oh well, I think I did a good job-I did the best I could with what I had (like, no staff). I ended up staying an extra 1/2 hour to finish up work that I couldn't do during my shift and then Ty's parents picked me up. They're so sweet! I called to see if Ty was around and his mom was like "oh hon, do you need a ride?"...I normally don't mind taking the bus, but I had my laundry today and so when she offered I agreed.

And now it's late and I'm in my pj's in bed and ready to fall asleep.

So I had a really great week. In summary (for those of you too lazy to read everything else): lots of schoolwork, lots of hours at work, beautiful new earrings and lots of love. :)

hearts&hugs
niki


PS-I wanted to add next week's schedule, so here it is:



Monday
School 9-2; Work 4-11

Tuesday
School 930-2; Work 5-1130

Wednesday
School 11-3; Work 530-10 (tentative)

Thursday
School 8-2; Work 730-midnight (BOO!!!)

Friday
School 8-2; Work 5-10

Saturday AND Sunday

no school
no work
joyful joyful niki!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! wow. i'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness crazy girl!

    and you think I'M busy.

    haha. we're both going to be so exhausted by Christmas that when we go home to visit our families all we'll be able to do is sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, you sure need to do more stuff. You sound like one lazy chica there miss niki. my reccomendation, volunteer somewhere to keep yourself busy. with that much free time on your hands you are surely going to go stir-crazy. ALso, take up knitting.

    ReplyDelete