Friday, October 27, 2006

sick and tired

I've been running pretty hard and today my body forced me to stop. I was in the middle of hanging out with Deb, and it was about hour and a half before work and I got sick, like "eww" sick. I called in to tell my boss I was sick, and she was suprisingly understanding and let me have the night off. I was just a co-manager with her tonight, so I was mostly a "filler", having me there would've meant she could go home five hours early, but this way she just did the whole shift. I'm glad it wasn't a big deal that I didn't go in. I came home and went straight to bed, I haven't been home for 3 hours and I've had a couple 20-30 minute naps and I'm taking it really easy. Karra just came by with DaveO to pick up some pillows for their movie night at LIFT tonight. The rest of the night should be really quiet.

I'm already feeling much better. I think I just pushed myself too hard last night, I didn't get home until 1230 (worked until midnight and then Ty's car broke down, so his friend drove me home), studied until about 130 and woke up at 630 for school today-and wrote two exams. I talked to Judy about giving me less hours, and next week I have less, and no shifts until midnight *yay*.

Today I sorted through my homework and from what I can tell I have a 96% in IWPD! So exciting. It would be higher if it wasn't for the silly 11/14 test mark (that works out to 79%, right?).

I had a one-hour tutoring session with a girl after school today and she was such a pleasure to tutor!! I hope I get her again. I didn't think peer tutoring was REALLY my thing, but I guess there is still part of me that wouldn't mind being a teacher. (no...I'm not going to school for it Papi) It's a nice feeling helping others out. :) Especially when I know what I'm talking about! *bonus*!

Well, that's life in a nutshell. There's more, but you guys would start getting on my case about working too much, so we'll just forget about that, k? ;)

Adam: have fun in Australia!!!

niki :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope the rest was enough for you to feel better, listen to your body, don't push yourself too far! Sorry I missed your call last night, but you had a good chat with your dad.XO

    ReplyDelete