Tuesday, October 31, 2006

i got the joy joy joy joy...

Another pretty sweet day at school. I got my IWPD midterm back, 14/15 (I knew I'd lose that one mark, stupid mistake). :) Happy times. Then on to Communications, which was pretty bearable today. YAY. I got my midterm back in that class, 80%-and in that class I'm okay with not having a 90% average...it's a pretty annoying class. So, still a B. YAY. Finally, Keyboarding. Ohmygosh, so excited! I finally got the last stupid accuracy passage handed in at 0 errors, this one with 82 WPM :), and so my teacher said as soon as I hand in my lessons (which I'm close to being done), I get 100% in her class. My final mark will be 100%. How sweet is that?!

So, my midterm summary: HR (Human Relations) 92% (b/c it was the combination of 3 tests); Communications 80%; IWPD (Internet) 93% and no midterms (that I remember anyway) in the other 4 classes, just lots of quizzes.

Nice to have a good first couple days of school. And life in general has been good too. Yesterday I worked my only 7 hour shift of the week and the time flew by! Tonight I'm working a 5 hour manager shift, which means I won't be working late and I don't have to stand in one spot all night, yipee. It's also a good thing because my left hand has been acting up with what I'm afraid is a return of carpal tunnel, so having a night off from lifting heavy bags will be a good thing. I think there might be someone working that I'm not too thrilled about working with, which sucks, but whatcha gonna do? There's always someone you have to work with that you don't enjoy, so might as well do the best you can.

In other news, my Grossmami is so great...she sent me a letter with paper, envelopes and money to buy stamps. Think she wants mail, much? She's so cute. I need to write her back and I also have a thank you note sitting on my table to send to Claudia for her birthday gift (Ganz herzlichen Dank Claudia fur die Paket, die Karte und auch die Euros...das war super! Dein Karte wird bald abgesendet).

I have some cleaning I want to do and then I have homework I have to do for tomorrow and then some shopping that I really should do. Did I say I wanted to clean? I must be going crazy. haha.

Oh, I was meditating on a verse today and thought I should share it with you:



"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever." (1 Chronicles 28:9)





And finally, today in keyboarding I was putting in my earphones and turning on K-LOVE radio when the girl next to me asked what I was listening to. I said it was a Christian radio station and explained where to find it on the web, and she listened to it the whole class too and said she really liked the music! YAY! Hopefully she'll take the time to listen to it some more at home too, and maybe even ask questions of me, or someone else she knows about God stuff. So exciting.

Really good day, and now its time to go do that cleaning. Yipee....or something like that, with perhaps less jubilation and more whining. Might as well get started though.



hearts&hugs
niki

2 comments:

  1. how do you listen to that station online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.klove.com there's a link on their main page that says "listen online", follow the prompts. have a great day shannon! :)

    ReplyDelete