Thursday, September 07, 2006

college has begun!

So, here I am on my first REAL day of school, sitting in the computer lab at Mohawk College. Yep, I'm back in school. I've noticed a few things about college life:
1) there's actually a number of students who have been out of school for a few years (woot!)
2) hardly anyone is confident, yet
3) when you're walking down the hall, everyone tends to size eachother up, even if you're in the middle of talking with someone, people will be caught ignoring their friends to check out other ppl-even if its just as innocent as seeing who your new classmates are
4) fashion doesn't matter!! :)
5) starting with a few years of life experience has helped tremendously, i'm not nearly as nervous as I was starting high school
6) if you act confident, people think you are-for some reason they also think you're smart ;)

I'm sure there will be lots more to add to my newfound knowledge...and be prepared, I plan on filling you all in! :)
I have a 90 minute break between my first two classes this morning, so I'm going to come back and check to see if anyone's up yet and had a chance to comment. ;)
In other news:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMI!!!!
Love Niki

EDIT: I'm on my break, no one's commented, I have a sore neck and an hour to kill.
So my one teacher this morning seems pretty nice, very energetic-and boy does she use a LOT of words to say a few things. The ironic part about that? She's a communications teacher! That kind of made me laugh.
Well, my coworker Bethany should be at school today-haven't seen her yet. I'm so excited, she's going to sell me some books, so I'll be able to save some money there. :)
I think I'm going to spend the bulk of my free time here in the computer lab, I'm reverting back to my 'techie' days of high school. Mind you, back then I did it because it was the one place in school I could go and not get yelled at by a teacher-and ironically it's where I ended up actually doing a lot of work, not just slacking off like most...although, there were days. ;) So yeah, at least until I find some friends and actually know what to do with my breaks and where to go, I think I'll spend time here. It'll be good, especially once I start getting homework-then I'll actually be doing something productive. I can't believe how anxious I am to get this all started...I'm sure I'll regret it once my teachers start piling on the homework.
While I'm here...last night at work Ty came in, and like usual asked when I was done, so I told him and he said he'd be back to pick me up-at 1130. That's usual. What wasn't usual, was that Matt also came in, and decided not to tell me (I guess he decided later), that he was coming back to pick me up. So when I was done I had not one, but two guys to drive me home! I felt loved. Thanks guys! (sorry Ty...and Ryan).
Not much else is new and I think if I keep updating, no one's going to actually read this. Which is fine...then you might have to actually ask me how I'm doing instead of saying "oh, I already read that in your blog". Although I must say, thanks to Matt for always asking how I am, eventhough he occaisionally finds time to read these novels. ;)
One more thing! Dani & Natascha are planning on coming to Canada next June!!! :)
Love Niki

1 comment:

  1. I left a long comment, got lost in lost network connection! Call when you can XOXOXO Love ya!

    ReplyDelete