Sunday, June 18, 2006

and...it's sunday

Happy Father's Day, Papi!
I called him at 12am my time...I wasn't going to wait until it was actually 12am their time, that'd be 3am here, crazy. I've been calling my parents a lot lately. Talked to Mami Friday night, called on Saturday and talked to Mami again and Esthi (cousin, visiting from Switzerland), and called once more Saturday night (Sunday morning) talked to Mami, Papi and Nana (everyone was over for a BBQ). I miss my family.
It's Sunday morning around 1130 and I'm not at church. I woke up at 9 and decided that I was too sleepy and I was going to go to church tonight. I like going, but I'm not a huge fan of walking 30-40 minutes each way when it's as hot as it is, twice in one day. I also knew that if I went to morning service I'd be suckered into going out after for lunch and I can't afford it. Normally I'm able to say, "no, we have Bible study this afternoon and I have to go home to get ready and cook dinner", but there is none today. Laura & Josh are in Elora visiting for Father's Day (or maybe Josh is back in Burlington with his dad...not sure), either way-not going to be here. Not sure where Alex is, hope someone told him there's no study. And Kyle, well he's decided he's not coming anymore.
I'm sure glad I have two jobs, I can keep myself busy and focussed on something, instead of leaving myself to my own thoughts-not a good thing lately. I feel like Kyle is basically trying to put me out of his life, anything that I'm involved in, he isn't. He's not coming to Bible study, he's going back to his parents church and we never hang out-not even as a group with Josh and Laura. That sucks. We were all supposed to go camping next weekend, but I'm not going to go. I know that if I go, Kyle won't have as good of a time as if I weren't there, and I won't be able to enjoy myself if Kyle's not. Guess it sounds kind of like I'm doing the same thing he is? Here I thought I was just respecting him. So many things can get misunderstood when you're not talking, GAH. I'm going to try and call him this week, see if we can hang out, see if we can maybe move on? Enough about that.
Okay, so I'm going to give you my schedule so maybe we can actually hang out (those of you out here, that is).
Monday 12-7 Sobeys,
Tuesday 4-9 Subway,
Wednesday 1230-5 Sobeys (girl time with Laura after work),
Thursday 830-5 Subway, (Thursday pm, Volunteer Appreciation Dinner),
Friday 830-5 Subway,
Saturday 9-? Subway
Okay? I like going for walks (long ones on the beach...jk), so if someone's up for a walk somewhere, that'd be fun. Or maybe some more geo-caching? Matt, Wendy? ;)
You guys know my quote sheet? I think I need to make a separate one just for Omar, this guy I work with. Two funny stories. 1) We were talking about different names for weed (they were educating me, not that I really care-but sometimes I feel like I need a slang dictionary to understand them!). So anyway, Omar is listing them off and says "tree", and I ask, "tree, like a Christmas tree, you mean, a tree, right?" (he has an accent and it just sounded weird, so I was verifying). He said, "yes tree, you spell like, "T-R-E...uh, I don't know". Smoking a little too much weed? Man we couldn't stop laughing. Story 2) Omar arrives at work yesterday and I needed to go to the bathroom just as he was getting there, so I grabbed my purse from my locker and started to leave (we don't have a bathroom in our store, we have to use the public ones in the mall). Omar looks at me and says "where are you going?" I look at him, with a "where do you think I'm going, the only logical place would be is the bathroom" look on my face-it's the only time I leave the store. And so I respond, "the washroom". He looks back at me and says "well, why you got your purse?" I start laughing because well (sorry to the guys reading this) I don't want to explain, so I just roll my eyes and Trish informs him 'why'. And all day he was so embarassed for asking, so anytime he had to go to the bathroom he'd say "but I don't need my purse" and blush. I guess maybe it's not such a funny story, but to us it is. So now our Omar catch phrases are: "Tree, T-R-E...UHHH???" and "Hey, you got your purse?". He's a funny guy, often very innappropriate, but sometimes just funny because he's a little dopey (even without the weed).
The sound insulation in my apartment hardly works, I wonder what it sounded like before it was put in. I can hear everything going on up there, drawers opening, taps running, even every single creak in the floor when someone is walking. It's worst above my room, so I'm beginning to think maybe they didn't put the sound insulation in here? My landlords were SO loud this morning, so I had a rotten sleep last night. :( And then just before I started writing this they were yelling at each other something about where his cell phone was and why he was home. I hope my new landlords don't yell. Not just for the sake of me, but for the sake of their relationship and kids shouldn't grow up hearing that.
What else is new? This is a really long post, I've been thinking lots and there's lots I want to put in here. But I think I'll end it here with a picture of the desserts I had at my dessert party 2 weeks ago...

Not everything is in the picture, but you get the idea (I hope), there was a lot. I still have some brownies left over. And some lemon meringue...how long does that keep? I might have it today. mmm...rotten desserts.
Okay, I have an apartment to clean, mostly just putting clothes away and emptying the garbages, but it feels really gross because I've hardly been home to put any time in to cleaning it. Hope everyone has a fantastic Father's Day!! Enjoy your time with your dads. :)
Love Niki
PS-this was random and long so if you got all this way, I congratulate you!

5 comments:

  1. Omar sounds like fun. Though even I know not to ask to many questions involving women, bathrooms and purses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything i want to say, i'm going to tell you when (at least i believe you'll be there) we got swimming, man i hope you're there, otherwise I could have written all the things down......and of course I miss you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm, those desserts look good, I hope some day you'll be closer again, I'll help you eat them :)) XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was just going to say that the desserts look good and that i would help you eat them any time I could...i think your mom is reading my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm good at that, it's a mom thing.

    ReplyDelete