Friday, May 12, 2006

:: smiles ::

Today I worked at Subway and today was MUCH better than yesterday!! When I posted yesterday I didn't post much about it, but I had a really hard time with the morning guy. He's a bit of an odd one, doesn't have much social skills and less tact than a LeaKer. ;) See, with people that I'm friends with (LeaKer's), I can (mostly) handle the lack of tact, but when someone is so blatantly rude without ever balancing it with a bit of niceness, I find it hard to handle, hence working with *S* can be a challenge. I snapped at him yesterday morning over something stupid and felt miserable afterwards. The worst part is he knows I'm a Christian and likes to rub my face in my mistakes, making sure I know that what I did was very wrong...especially because I call myself a Christian. (He doesn't use as many words, but just little things he says; like today a guy on the radio cracked a joke about God & marijuana and it was pretty clever and I laughed and *S* said in a really patronizing voice "oh...aren't you offended by that?", insinuating that I should've been. Stupid little things like that). That probably didn't make sense, but I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel like I'm constantly under the microscope when I'm around him and if I mess up, it's even worse because I'm giving Christians a bad rap. Anyway...that all aside, today was WAY better. I don't know if me getting upset yesterday and then our boss talking to him and maybe a day to think it all over, helped at all...but he seemed much more pleasant today. Thank God. I prayed a lot about him and for patience in dealing with him yesterday and today before work, thank you God for answering those prayers!!
After work I went to Zellers and bought a couple books, a hair dryer and a movie for Kyle. The movie was one that we rented sometime in March and he absolutely loved and would always tell people about it and ask me for the name of it, and I would always roll my eyes and remind him the name of it, he never could get it right. ;) But he loved the movie so much and it was on sale, so I thought I'd get it for him. If he's good and does his homework for Bible study I might give it to him on Sunday.
I still need to do my homework. I'm glad that we're doing this, I need the motivation of other people to commit to following through with studying the Bible...I sure hope everyone else does too, otherwise I might begin to not care. And that wouldn't be good...the whole point was to encourage each other. I'm sure it will be good for all of us...and, I have people coming over to my house which keeps me on the ball to keeping my house mostly clean (even if it does require a good overhaul on Sundays before they get here, lol).
Talking to Kristine the other day I came to the weird realization that had I stayed in school, I could be a fully certified teacher right now. Instead I've done lots of different things, it's just sometimes I feel like life is on hold and I don't know when it'll be in 'play'. But I can't really look at life like that, instead I need to stop waiting for the next big thing to make my life complete, and rather, just enjoy each day as it comes. :)
Okay, I'm far too distracted to write much more, I'm too busy talking to people on MSN and I'm going to need to get off soon, because I'm tired and I want to sleep. Hope this blog made sense...can't promise that it did.
Love Niki.

2 comments:

  1. I liked how you said 'enjoy each day as it comes'. I need to do that too.
    And I'm sure your apartment won't need major overhauling, just a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry we missed your call! Makes perfect sense; I find, not being perfect an opportunity to tell people that's why I needed God's gift of redemption, because I'm not perfect. I'm glad your day at work went well, I know what it's like to work with difficult co-workers! Prayer is a big help! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete