Saturday, May 13, 2006

grr @ the landlord

So I'm at home this morning, peacefully making myself something to eat (grilled cheese sandwiches to be exact), kind of disappointed that I can't get a hold of Maeghan and wishing the floor could vacuum itself...but in a good mood. I sit down to eat my lunch when my landlord knocks on my door, I run up the stairs and before I can even get there he's opening the door to my place. "Is something burning??" I look at him, astonished that 1) he was going to go into my apartment without my permission, and he didn't even wait long enough for me to get up the stairs 2) that he was making a reference to my cooking again and 3) I was just plain annoyed, he really bugs me. I quickly think of what could've burnt and respond with "well, I just made some grilled cheese sandwiches, maybe they got a little burnt" (I wouldn't know, I haven't had a chance to eat them yet!!). He looked like he was ready to storm down into my apartment so I just repeated myself and walked back downstairs. That really got to me. Yes, I understand that he wants to make sure the apartment doesn't go up in flames, but for goodness sake, the smoke detector didn't even go off (and it's VERY sensitive)! He's told me that I need to make sure that I turn the fan on, because now that his wife is pregnant (oh yeah, she's pregnant...), she's very sensitive to smell. This may all seem very trivial to you, but he's been very frustrating at work lately, so him trying to tell me how to cook my food (and then nearly barge into my apartment while I'm doing it), has just driven me a little more to the end of my patience with him.
All that said, I'm trying to be patient, because I do understand that he's under a lot of pressure...trying to open his new store, get more staff (while his manager, who he couldn't survive without whether he knows it or not, is planning on leaving), he's in grad school for his masters, he got his wife pregnant and they're moving in 2 months. This may sound really mean, but I think its his own fault. He's taken on too much, but he's too proud to admit it and so instead his stress level is way high and he's freaking out on everyone around him (staff and tenants included...sucks that I'm both).
Okay, I'm done venting now. Now I have to clean my dishes and maybe prepare for tomorrow's Bible study, haven't done that yet. Then it's off to work at 3pm. Work...that's a whole nother matter. Pray for me.
Love Niki

4 comments:

  1. thinking of you & praying too! Don't worry they'll soon be gone ;) I have to start my hmk too, see you tomorrow, I made dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Schonheit again... I hope things start looking up in your apt. Annoying renters suck, and there's no excuse for barging into someones house, even if your annoying pregnant wife tells you to. It just disrespectful D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki,
    Miss you too! I'll be back in about a week, so we can catch up then.
    I understand some of your renter frustrations, and I uderstand work can be frustrating. My heart goes out to you with all this happening all at once. But, I'm confident that God will get you through it, and you'll probably be better for it. I know that sucks now.
    Well, I guess this comment covers the last couple of posts, since you decided to compete with my post frequency and update twice! :)
    Have a great one, wish I was closer so we could chat on the phone or in person!

    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    Your job, as a Christian isn't to save face for Christians. It is to do your best to live an example. That doesn't include being perfect. Paul says we're "attaining to the fullness of Christ" not that we're perfect already. Your friend *S* has probably had some run ins with Christians who think they're perfect, or he's just horribly mistaken! Be real, thats the best you can do, and all that God requires.

    Blessings & Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you mentioned the pregnancy thing 'he got his wife pregnant', almost like she had no part in it at all...

    ReplyDelete