Friday, May 26, 2006

**giggles**

Weird how things happen...This story starts last night actually... I was at Sobey's when three young people came to my cash (2 guys & a girl, presumably the girlfriend of one). Most of you know that I'm a really friendly person in normal circumstances, well a few things heighten my 'friendliness', one being attractive young guys (I know this sounds really shallow). So as I was checking them out (I mean their groceries, not them personally!!), I got talking to the one guy who is very talkative and also really friendly. He asked how I was doing and if I had to work much later...I said I was doing pretty good, just kind of tired because I'd worked all day at my other job. He asked where else I worked and I said "Subway, at Westcliffe" (the mall up the street from my place). As he was leaving he said, "okay, maybe I'll come by and see you sometime". He left and I didn't think anything about it, until this afternoon he walked into Subway (he had asked if I was working today, lol) with a co-worker and seemed really happy I was there. We were talking about all sorts of stuff and when I finished their order he leaned in and said "I actually came here with something in mind" (heart beating on ultra high speed) I managed what I hope to be a calm "yes?" and he told me how he was expanding his business in the area and was looking for someone with great people skills and I was great and all that and I'm exactly what he was looking for, could he have my number to talk it over? Me: "uh, sssssure" (I hope it came out more confident than I remember it). So I gave him my number, he gave me mine and said if it was okay he'd call me sometime to discuss things further.
I have since run through about 78 zillion (and 2) scenarios in my head. Maybe he just used his 'expanding business' as a way to get my number (clever, if you ask me). Maybe he really does just need a friendly person (well, I need another, BETTER job). And then I was letting my mind run away with me and only those of you who actually ask me, I'll share those thoughts (we girls really DO let our minds run away with us). When I started to get carried away I just turned to prayer and asked for guidance from God and that I'm really smart about the whole situation. Thank you Darrell for your posts on about how you've let your imagination get carried away-it reminded me to keep grounded. :) Like always, I appreciate your honesty.
One of my first thoughts (after I calmed down and my hands stopped shaking-they were, really!) was, what about Kyle? It's kind of funny, yesterday morning when I got up I spent some time talking to God about my feelings and how it's time to let go and move on. I asked God to help me refocus my energies and attention and not be so preoccupied with my feelings for Kyle. I still believe that if it's meant to happen, it can and will. I just thought it was fitting that when I gave God the Kyle situation, I felt at peace, and then he showed me that there are other guys around. I have no idea if I'll date in the next while, if Kyle and I will get back together, or if maybe I'll just spend some time getting to know different people and be content with just that. That'd be kind of cool. :o) Anyways. Don't know if I did the story justice, without making myself look like a shallow callous ex-girlfriend. Hope not-because that was NOT my intention. Summary: I think Kyle's great and I'll pray that God will continue to bless our friendship: God has shown me that I deserve the best (and nobody on earth can even match the amazing love God has for me); finally, this is a time for learning, which means messing up and admitting mistakes and embracing the good times and accomplishments. Life is great.
Love Niki

4 comments:

  1. "So I gave him MY number and he gave me MINE..." LOL... LOL.... LOL... Niki, you ROCK! :)

    :: m ::

    ReplyDelete
  2. if that guy turns out to be a creep, let me know and I'll bust some heads for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want more details :) (ie email me!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. squeee! So fun! Yay for cute boys asking for your phone number!

    ReplyDelete