Friday, May 26, 2006

feet are on fire

Hello everyone! So as I was walking home from the bus stop I started thinking about what to post and all these random thoughts kept popping into my head. I'll try and make sense of it all.
Last night was great with Laura, like usual! :) This time we both actually got some scrapbooking done, bonus!! We keep watching Everwood, thinking that we're watching the season finale, but it just keeps on going...which is okay, we both like the show. I didn't even know it existed until Laura got me hooked on it! :P
This morning came way too early, as was evidenced by me turning off my alarm, turning over and waking up 15 minutes later! oops. I seriously thought I only just turned over. But I got to work on time, so it was okay. I worked at Subway from 830-5, a really busy day. Just as I was doing my dishes before I left we had some drama in the store. All I heard was "Niki, call 911" but it sounded far away and I thought maybe it was a joke, but I went and looked (thankfully!). I saw Trish (our manager) standing over Steph who had collapsed while a few customers tried to offer advice. I was already on the phone with 911 before I knew what else to do and within 10 minutes they were there. It looks like she collapsed from the heat and the fact that she didn't eat anything all day was probably a factor. She seems to be getting more and more sick, I can't even remember the last time I worked a whole shift with her, she's been going home sick all the time. Rumours are flying as to why, all I want to say is, she needs prayer. So please pray. So that was pretty eventful. Oh and we got new shirts at work.
Then I went to deposit my paycheque, take out some money, get changed and I was on the bus to get to Sobey's. Before I went to work there I sent some letters (yes, Claudia's bday card, Mom) ;) and went to look at some clothes at Mark's Work Wearhouse. I got to work with a bit of time to spare and then I worked from 630-1130. So today was another 13 1/2 hour day. On my feet. All day. It was ridiculously busy at both jobs today.
I had this customer at Sobey's I have to tell you about! I was finishing ringing someone's order through when a guy came up and interrupted saying "we're going to have to add these all up", I asked him to wait because I was just finishing this lady's order. I finished the transaction and as I was about to start on his I noticed he had a wad of coupons from Canadian Tire (which we accept, provided you spend at least $30-and it says it on the coupon, in our store and at Canadian Tire). Well I looked at his fist full of coupons and saw that he was only buying croutons and tried to explain (nicely, although it never goes over well) that he needed to spend at least $30...I don't know exactly how it happened but next thing I knew he threw the coupons at me, tossed the croutons aside and said "that's B-S" (except he actually said it) and stormed off. I didn't really know what to do. The customer after him was REALLY pleasant though and empathized with me, she works in customer service too. So that was nice. So that was my highlight of the day (aside from the whole 911 thing).
Oh! And the last two days I've come home, and my mom has called, she's the greatest!! I love her. Thanks mom. I just wish I had more time to talk to her and really let her know how much I appreciate her thoughts and prayers. So, thanks mom. And remember "This One's For the Girls" (remember that country song we used to sing to??) Miss you!!
Tomorrow I'm working 830-5 at Subway and then I think I might be going to Port Dover with my friend Megz? I need to e-mail her tonight and find out whats going on with that.
Well it's time for bed...although I'm not nearly as tired as last week after doing this shift! Oooh, and guess what? I get to do it NEXT Thursday too!! Yay... :S
Love Niki

PS-Cashier list #12: When your cashier holds out her hand to receive the change your going to give her, don't drop it beside her hand. That's just stupid.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember; we've had some great times! I miss you too, but if you need to be there right now, we'll just keep in touch. Parents have to let their children lead their own lives, once they're grown up.
    I had a sandwich thrown at me, when I worked at 7-11, the guy wanted change for $20 when he only gave me $5 and got mad when he couldn't fool me. It wrecked my whole day; I hope you were able to let it go and not stay upset. Have a wonderful weekend! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. so let's review. Customers are stupid. 'nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bub,
    If the person who put the change on the counter instead of in your hand was oriental, that may have been a sign of respect. In some cultures it is considered rude to actually touch another persons hand when money is exchanged.
    Love
    Papi

    ReplyDelete