Wednesday, May 24, 2006

good morning...

So, like Laura, I was really tired after this weekend, eventhough I didn't have to work on Monday (yay). Monday was really fun though, Matt picked me up in the morning(ish) and we went to Wendy's house where she made us breakfast-mmm-and then Matt baked bread and then we made muffins (after a quick run to Mac's & Sweet Paradise). I probably looked like I wasn't having fun, because I was just SO tired, but it was a really good time and the food was all good! It was nice just the three of us hanging out, and it was a good thing for me to get out of the house. Then, Megz came over! While she was over she got a call from her mom saying that the transformers had been lit on fire in Caledonia (if you haven't heard about the trouble in Caledonia...do you even live in Canada?! It's all over the news), so there was, and still is, no power at her house. She came over to my place to wait until her parents got home so she could at least go pick up her insulin, but her parents friends lent her a generator, so she could go back. Having her at my house was really great, we talked about all sorts of stuff and we really connected, it was GREAT! We talked for about...oh, four hours? :) Then we had Subway, delivered some muffins to Meggs & LA and she headed back to her place.
So that was Monday. And it was also Josh's bday. Happy 19th!!
Yesterday I had a chiropractor appointment and then Mrs L dropped me off at work and I was there from 1130-6. Whenever we're closed for a day, we get REALLY busy the next day, silly people don't know how to survive without us. Seriously, I wonder what they would do if the lived even 20 years ago? Or if they were in a small town, or in Switzerland-man they're stores are closed Sundays & Mondays and for an extended lunch everyday! Our society has just become to use to convenience and would be lost if they had to actually plan their day. That's my rant. Short, I know. ;) So last night when I came home from work I had every intention of cleaning the house and being really diligent...I ate dinner, finished reading my book and went to bed. I was in bed at about 8pm. I was SO tired. So now it's 6:30ish and I'm awake. Which is good, I've slept well (and long!!) and now I can be diligent and clean. And then it's off to work. Wonder if Laura and I are hanging out tonight? I should e-mail her.
OOH! Tips from a cashier for the next time you're in the grocery store:
1) Don't put your basket on the belt! It moves and the sensor doesn't 'sense' the basket and it crashes into the computer and can bugger things up. So don't do it.
2) When the cashier (or bagger) is bagging your groceries, please don't try to help them, keep your hands out of there and DON'T steal our bags!! (kindly ask for extra, we'll oblige)
3) Stick to the limits, if you have more than 8, don't go to express.
4) Don't bring huge purchases to the customer service, they don't have the room or the time (yes they want to 'serve' you, but please be considerate)
5) We like all of our customers to feel like they're important, so don't be rude and interrupt when I'm clearly serving someone else, I have good peripheral vision and WILL see you
6) I don't issue rainchecks, don't get mad at me!
7) I can't open my till just randomly, if you need change-go to customer service
8) If I give you a receipt, please just take it, there are garbages on your way out (or better yet, charity boxes, put your receipt in there and the store gives the charity a portion of the receipts accumulated as a donation)
9) If you have forgotten something, tell the cashier BEFORE she's done ringing in your order, that way she can call someone to get it for you, if you wait, so do all the customers behind you.
10) Look for a barcode when you pick things up, if it doesn't have one-get the item that does, it's a HUGE hassle.
11) Please be nice. I'm a friendly person and even us friendly people can get upset, if we're only dealing with crabby people all day. I understand you're in a rush, I'm doing my best-but PLEASE be nice!
Ahhh...that felt good. I understand each store will be different, but if you're every in my Sobeys-seriously guys, take this list to heart.
Alright, off to do the cleaning now. Love you all!!
Love Niki

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list, I would have never have thought of all of that, and they all make sense.

    ReplyDelete