Thursday, April 20, 2006

i LOVE this weather!

Yesterday was pretty eventful. I went to work from 8-4 and I learned how to put away the order. Not a good thing for my back I'm sure, I'm still feeling it. We have a TINY backroom and it takes skill to figure out where to put all the boxes, but I think I can handle it. Not that I'll be doing it regularly-I'm not exactly sure why Hatem wanted to teach me, but now I know. Trish came to work at 11, got really really sick and left by 2. She's thinking about quitting, and I wouldn't blame her-the way she gets taken advantage of is ridiculous! We have a very small staff and just a week ago one of the staff quit and rumours are flying that one of the night staff will become manager and 3 of our staff say they would quit if she were to be manager. That would leave a VERY small staff. I'm praying that the right thing would be done and that people wouldn't leave out of anger or hurt, but if anyone does end up leaving that we get sufficient staff.
Enough about work. When I came home, Laura was waiting for me!! That was really fun! :) So we picked stuff up from my place and took the bus down to hers and worked on our projects, watched tv, ate too much candy and hung out until about 10:30. Then I got to take the bus back home, via downtown. Kind of a sketchy place, reminded me a lot of downtown Vancouver, but I didn't see anything too scary-no drugs or prostitutes, for which I'm VERY thankful! Lots of people walking around late at night down there, thankfully it's all well lit-and there were police just a couple stores down from my bustop. It was an adventure! I had a lot of fun with Laura, it was neat I've never been down to her place while it was still pretty light out and we got to walk from the bustop, it's a bit of a walk, but it's BEAUTIFUL! I love Hamilton (well that's Dundas...but still!). The longer I live here, the more I love it. I can't wait to get more time on my hands and be able to go for walks on the rail trail and even down to the parks in my area. Gotta bring my camera!
So I came home and was feeling a little sick (combination of feeling sick already and having eaten way too much candy, I'm sure). I fell asleep eventually, but it wasn't a very good sleep and I was in so much pain that at 2:30 (AM, by the way) I ran a bath and tried to relax. After that I lied in bed and tossed and turned for about 1/2 hour, but finally fell asleep and woke up at 7:30 this morning. Fell back asleep again for a little, and now at 10:30 I'm up and ready for the day and feeling much better!
But now I have to go and have a shower (guess I'm not THAT ready), Mrs Leaker is coming to get me somewhere between 11 and 12. Hope everyone's doing well.
Love Niki :)

2 comments:

  1. if it was 10:30 when you wrote your blog, why doesn't it say 7:30 AM? Time different from back home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm feeling a bit sick too. read my blog for more info. People have wondered what you find so attractive about Hamilton, but I'm glad you like it, that would suck if you didn't! Our weekend is supposed to be nice. I LOVE sunshine!

    ReplyDelete