Thursday, October 27, 2005

a bit more of an explanation

Well what happened, I came to Ontario to visit my friends and I fell in love with this place and the people. Simple as that.

The more complicated story goes as follows: I didn't feel comfortable travelling a) alone, b) on the freighter c) in the winter and d) I felt that it was time for me to leave BC for a while...and I thought that Europe was the only option.

My friend Matt suggested to me, do I think that if God had told me to move to Ontario I would've listened? I conceded, no I wouldn't have. So maybe he suggested, He had me come to Ontario, to reveal His plan to me-one that I wouldn't have listened to otherwise.

I agree.

The day I decided to stay, I had a job lined up for three days, and two new roommates. Isn't God amazing? Now don't take offence to this, I have never connected with people (my own age) as well as I have with these young adults. Never. Granted, yes a few of you are great friends...but I mean like a group of friends (I'm thinking mostly college & career at MRAC here) It's incredible, and everyone who is in the group has said the same thing, they never knew friends like this until they moved here
and met their new friends. Some people would say it's foolish for me to move across the country for friends and fresh faces.

I disagree.

I think living here is going to challenge me in ways I couldn't be challenged either back home or in Europe. In both of those places, I had family to fall back on, places to go, a job I could easily return to. Not here. Now I actually have to budget, pay rent, look for a job, get my license (yes, get my license)...more responsibilities than I've
ever had before. I mean, the license (and eventually a car) won't be at the top of my list, I'll obviously need to take everything one step at a time, but I honestly feel that I've taken a step in the right direction.

Today I dropped off my resume at Chapters, Famous Players, Fitness Source, PetSmart & Timmy's-I most likely have a job at Timmy's, I have an interview on Monday at PetSmart and I picked up applications from another 1/2 dozen places. I'll be out again tomorrow, but with a warmer jacket this time!

Tonight I have my young adults care group, they're called LifeTogether's, and we're talking about who we are and what legacy we want to leave. It's held at my friend Matt's house where I'm staying until Saturday when, if all goes according to plan, I move in with L.A. and Maeghan.

I'm so excited for what God has in store, I pray that you can be
excited with me and I thank you for your continued prayers-even when I
do irrational things like this. Thanks for caring!!

Love Niki :) :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW !!!! No more sheltering , eh ? You've left the nest .
    Thanks for the update .
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!!!"
    - William Wallace

    "Or our Cheeze Doodles!!!!"
    - William Wallace, five minutes later when he realised he was hungry

    ReplyDelete