Monday, October 07, 2013

Cabbage Soup

I'm working my way through the cabbage soup diet. Today is day 3. It's more like a cleanse, than an actual diet. My hope is that it will kick-start my metabolism and help shed some unwanted pounds.

Today is day 3 and I'm allowed to eat all the veggies I want (and one baked potato), plus as much soup as I can muster. (Note: this should have been day 2, but I forgot to buy a baked potato and so I switched days 2 and 3, since day 2 fell on a Sunday and I was going out for dinner tonight with a friend and it's easier to order a baked potato than a bunch of fruit and veggies, and I'll feel a little less sad since a baked potato sounds SO good right about now).

I don't know if it's just in my head, but I definitely think I'm looking thinner - after 3 days. And I'm amazed at how many fruits and veggies I'm eating. If I were to keep this up post-cleanse and add in regular food, I could be so healthy! And obviously, that's the point. This isn't meant to be a long-term diet - if you want to repeat, you're supposed to take a 2 week break in between.

Not only is this healthy, I learned how to make soup! I've always been intimidated by it and I learned this last weekend: it's really not that hard. So there you have it folks, the Dutch-transformation continues. Next up: Sunday soup. My roommate even has a recipe titled "Sunday Soup" in her Dutch cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment