- a coworker complimenting my haircut a couple weeks after it was done - because I had a good hair day and it looked different (he's always the first to notice and did comment the day after the haircut too)
- a thank you email
- an unexpected Christmas card
- text messages from friends offering encouragement and jokes
- a "hey there" smile from an attractive friend (and the associated butterflies)
- being treated to lunch by a coworker
- vacation days in the middle of the week
- a stranger holding the door open at the mall
- people choosing to smoke in the designated smoking areas (and not by the door) of public places
- a perfectly appropriate Bible verse
Isn't it wonderful how a simply word, smile, hug or act of kindness can so affect another's attitude? It's so simple and often costs us nothing.
As we head into the Christmas season, my prayer is that we will all find a sum of small things to make our days a little brighter, and in turn, give us the opportunity to be a blessing to another.