Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall has arrived

Just a simple note to let everyone know, I'm still alive and am working on a Summer 2012 post, to be completed with lots of photos! Stay tuned!

In other news, I absolutely love autumn. The leaves are changing, the temperatures have dropped and it's time to pull out warm, cozy fall sweaters and cuddle up with cups of hot chocolate. That will soon be upgraded to enjoying the comforts of my fireplace, but let's not rush things!

Today our church has a carnival for the community and I will be face painting...we'll see how successful that is. As a kid I had a staple scene that I would colour anytime I felt like colouring (which I did, I just would get discouraged by my lack of artistic ability):  evergreen trees, a lake with whitecaps, mountains with snow and a sun in the corner - sometimes I would mix up where the sun went, but typically it was in the top left corner. For those of you who are not on facebook and are not privy to my onslaught of posts and updates, you can take a look at this beauty of an image I drew as a little girl:


My dad was, rightfully, concerned about the morbid nature of my art at that time. My mom recently told me she's been going through old things and apparently death was a recurring theme. Which is interesting, because it wasn't something I remember being a big part of my childhood (come to think of it, it might have been all those cop shows I watched with my dad).

I've had a relatively productive morning, including a trip to the massage therapist for some relaxation, so that was a delight on a Saturday morning. I need to clean out the car and then off to the carnival, and tonight is Bible study. I'm so thankful for the blessings that God has bestowed on me!

1 comment:

  1. dude. :)

    (p.s. i know you're busy, so, no rush. i just wanted to remind you that you have a blog.)

    ReplyDelete