Tuesday, July 19, 2011

too hard on myself?

In my mid-year review my only criticism received was that "sometimes, her desire for perfectionism can sometimes frustrate her if things go wrong. At times, she can be very hard on herself."

I don't really realize how hard on myself I'm being until I get really upset and depressed, like today.

I was wrapping things up and getting ready to put things together for tomorrow when I quickly reviewed my work email and came across this:

"I don’t know how to thank you Niki. What a great job you have done. You make us look good.

The presentation and the pictures you selected (and the Coffee with the Tax Team slide) look awesome. Thanks for great work. I really appreciate all that you do!"

It actually brought me to tears. WHY do I let myself get so down before I realize that I'm in fact doing a good job, maybe even better than good - some might even say that I excel at my work. And yet I dwell on the negative.

This was good to read and to be encouraged, if only I could remember that on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment