Thursday, October 14, 2010

Justice Clothing

My friend Hillary spent a year teaching in Kenya and has been using the term "ruined for the ordinary" and this is something I feel explains my own situation.

I can no longer look at the world the same way, and this is only from becoming aware of injustices while still living in Canada. I can only imagine what my world will be like when I return from Haiti in January. I have never been to a third-world country and I'll be going on a missions trip for 2 weeks. I know that God is going to rock my world and I'm both excited for it, and anxious - it's a healthy balance I think, it should keep me grounded and humble.

In my quest of fighting injustice, I've come across a number of amazing organizations that are already in place doing some incredible work, fighting for the oppressed and raising awareness to the rest of us. My favourite new find is: Justice Clothing.

I would encourage you to find out more about where the products you use come from and the people that are involved in the process.

Another recommendation would be to read the book Justice in the Burbs.

And spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment