Saturday, September 29, 2007

update

Life is going well, much better than I had anticipated. I'm really feeling at peace about our decision to break up and God has surrounded me with people who love me which has been a tremendous blessing.

Last night I went to the Caledonia Fair with Laura and her two 'kidlets', and watched the derby. Charles was out there, driving his car that I had painted-and smashed it up nicely. He didn't win, but two of his friends made it to the final and so we cheered for them. Unfortunately, out of the six people I knew that were in the derby, none of them won! I think Bob and Scott came in 3rd and 4th-their cars both died about the same time. At the fair I saw Charles' parents, it was good to see them and to know that they do still like me and there are no hard feelings. They're just hoping to see me around again in the future-if that's a possibility I'd like that, his folks are really nice people who I care about.

Last week and next week have just been jammed pack full, mostly of meetings. Last week I had a Class Rep meeting on Monday, a Support Staff Orientation (for Computerized Notetakers and Educational Assistants) on Tuesday, Life Together on Wednesday, babysat Tysen on Thursday, and the Caledonia Fair on Friday. Not to mention full time classes, 15+ hours at my school job, and my commitment to leading the Mohawk Christian Fellowship. Next week I'm meeting one of my mentees (Mohawk student I mentor) on Monday, Excalibur Leadership Conference Meeting (I'm the volunteer coordinator for this year) on Tuesday, Finance Team on Wednesday... My goodness! Also on Monday I'm supposed to do a radio interview with our school's radio station C101.5 about the Christian club, and on Wednesday we have a club expo for the club, so at some point this weekend I need to make a poster and display for that.

Yikes.

I joke with my friends that I don't know how I had time for a boyfriend in all my busyness. Truth is, I really don't know!

And the best part of all this? I'm still making time for my devotions, and absolutely loving it! God is so good. SO GOOD!

I read a cool quote in C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce:

'There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, in the end, "Thy will be done." All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Helll. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. To those who knock it is opened.'

I'm really enjoying life. Part of me feels cold-hearted and mean because I'm not mourning the loss of a relationship, but the reality is, we both accepted that at this point in our lives it just wouldn't work, and that's okay. Note: If you DO think I'm cold and heartless, please don't tell me...that's one thing I DON'T need to hear right now.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely NOT cold and heartless, it simply reinforces the fact that you made the right decision, I know you didn't make it lightly. You definitely don't have time for a relationship from the sounds of it. That's OK, it's alright to be solo, less demands on your time and distractions, that you'll find it easier to figure out yourself and your life, what your next step will be. :) Relationships are not all happy times, they are time consuming and take work.
    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki, we love you! I don't think you are cold and heartless. I know that God has someone in store for you. We just have to wait for him to show you in his time. I know how hard that is to deal with, but in the mean time, you can always come take Isaiah, and hold him! LOL
    Good luck with this busy week. And please remember, I am here if you need someone to just listen, if you need to just vent, or you just need a hug.
    Hugs from our house to yours.

    ReplyDelete