Friday, November 17, 2006

good day :)

And the weekend has arrived!! So excited. Jane & Ben are coming for lunch on Sunday which means tomorrow is cleaning day and brainstorming ideas for lunch. I'm excited to see them, it's been at least a few years, and I get to meet baby Benjamin! :)
Tonight I went to the mall with Deb and we found some new t-shirts and a skirt for her, which she seemed to enjoy. I had fun and it was two nights out and no work! Her mom treated us to dinner & DQ, all in all a good night. I also found so gorgeous dresses at the Bay and in the windows of a bunch of other stores, something for Christmas. So exciting! :)
I'm really feeling relief now that the weekend is here. I'm disappointed that I won't be able to go to Jared's show tomorrow night :( but at least I'm not missing it for a short shift. I was originally only working 4 1/2 hours, but the afternoorn CS clerk called in sick, so it's been extended to 7 hours (3-10). I'm going to bed now and I'm SO happy about sleeping in!!! (let's just hope I can!)
Love Niki

5 comments:

  1. Guten Abend, gut' Nacht,
    mit Rosen bedacht,
    mit Nelklein besteckt,
    schluepf' unter die Deck';
    morgen frueh, wenn Gott will,
    wirst du wieder geweckt;
    morgen frueh, wenn Gott will,
    wirst du wieder geweckt.

    Music by J.Brahms
    There's a second verse, but I only used to sing you the first.
    Love you lots! Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the second verse has "in Traum's Paradise", right? Grossmami sang that one to me too. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, it means see paradise in your dream;
    2. verse:
    Guten Abend, gut' Nacht,
    von Englein bewacht,
    die zeigen im Traum
    dir Christkindleins Baum.
    Schlaf' nun selig und suess,
    schau' im Traum 's Paradies;
    schlaf' nun selig und suess,
    schau im Traum 's Paradies.

    Miss you too! Childhood memories can be sweet. Much to do today. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just going to wish you a happy and restful weekend, I didn't realise that this was a German thing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! German! I just wish I could remember more... I catch some of it, but not all. And Double Sweet! Ben and Jane and Baby Ben... I'm gladd you guys are finally getting together... We miss you all so much and wish we could be there!

    ReplyDelete