Wednesday, November 01, 2006

day off

So I had today off (from Sobeys), and I have tomorrow off too (from Sobeys & PT)!! How exciting. I came home from school and slept for almost 3 hours. I got up, visited with Alana and Tysen, made (and ate, obvi!) dinner, talked to Mami, watched Corner Gas, got pillows back from DaveO and I've been doing homework for too long.

Right now I'm working on a group project, where a total of 2 people in our group of 6 contributed (other than me, so 3 haven't done anything yet). Oh well. Less people that contribute, the less I have to read through and compile into one report. There are bonuses.

I sorted through my cupboard today and put a lot of chocolate in the freezer. I have SO much. I also have a gingerbread house from LAST Christmas. Courtesy of Kyle. I should really get rid of that. I enjoyed going through the cupboards and mentally making up meals as I went along, mmm. I had a good dinner tonight: caesar salad, spaghetti w/ pesto sauce and sausages with fried onions. So good!

Did I tell you that my neighbours to the right are moving? About three weeks ago I was walking home from the bus stop and I saw a "for sale" sign and I thought it was on my lawn, I nearly freaked out, "not again!", but thankfully it was the neighbours. I may have already recalled that story, oh well. I'm beginning to get to know some of my other neighbours more. One family that moved in last June live just a couple houses up and they're Christians! He, Wesley, gave me a ride to school today because he works at the health unit across the street from Mohawk. It was perfect timing, I had missed my bus, walked back home because I forgot my agenda, was walking to wait for the next one and he was just coming back from his morning walk that he does everyday and leaving for work. He goes to church with a coworker of mine, small world!

I had a quick chat with DaveO tonight and I really feel like I'm a part of the church family here. Yes, I do miss MRAC, but I'm really beginning to feel like I belong here-and not just because its where my friends go. I feel like I belong and I'm beginning to establish my own friendships, away from just Matt's friends. Not that I don't love them, I do! It's just neat the way things are working out. I just wish I saw people more often. I'm thinking I want to have a pre-Christmas party. I think I might have an idea brewing... mwhahaha. :)

Although I've already napped today, I think I'll go to bed now and get a good (almost) 8 hours of sleep! Goodnight all. Have a blessed day!

hearts&hugs
niki

No comments:

Post a Comment