Tuesday, November 07, 2006

11/7/06...lacking creative subject line

*ahhhh* Good day. I had school until 130 (I went to Keyboarding just so I could work on some Internet homework, and then left early because I'm FINISHED!!!) and then I came home. I got home, did a bunch of stuff and had a power nap at some point...I was productive though, I got all my dishes cleaned, put away and made (and ate) dinner. Then I went to work, where it''s becoming evident that I'm establishing myself as a respected leader, woohoo! It used to be that I was just another one of the cashiers, and now when a person has a problem, or a manager needs to relay important information, they come to me! :) I realize that it probably has something to do with being a p/t CEM, but I'm not CEM that often. The other p/t CEM (yeah, there was initially five of us, now there's two), works during the day and our boss is trying to get her to go to management training school. I'm excited for her, but can't help but think that if I hadn't gone back to school this year, I would be being offered the same thing. We both know that the only reason I haven't been given more responsibility and the offer of further training is because I'm in school...but it's cool to think that even being in school I've been promoted. Good stuff is happening!

For one of my group projects we had to review each others final paper and edit it, and it reminded me of a poem I wrote in grade 11, one line goes:
"peer editing, oh what fun, it comes back with more mistakes than when you begun"
and such was the case with this assignment. "Umm, Niki I think you mispelled 'behaviour'", well ACTUALLY-if you realized that we're in Canada, we do spell it with a 'u'! Gah. The funny thing is, there's these two girls in the group who are best friends and they commented on each others work "looks great" and "great job, i think ur done!" and yet when I went over their work I found SO many errors (most being MSN shortform). I'm not trying to brag, but it just seems kind of funny that they can't see errors in their own work, but they dispute my spelling-MY SPELLING, the one thing I KNOW I'm an ace at. (that really does sound arrogant, doesn't it??) Oh well, it made me laugh.

What else? I really want to go grocery shopping tomorrow. How often does a normal person go grocery shopping? I feel like I NEVER have food in the house. Condiments, yes. No real food though, and if I do have 'real' food, I'm always missing some major ingredient to make it a decent meal. Feedback guys, how often do you get your groceries? Also, how do you keep them from going bad?? I tend to freeze a lot and take it out as I need it, including bread, bacon & even cheese. It works well. I just want to know other tricks.

Oh! I got my English quiz back on 'the 8 parts of speech' and I got 92%!! I was so excited. Maybe I'm not doing so bad in that class after all. I also got back a web page I designed, and I got 7/10, but after going over it with my teacher got it bumped to an 8/10. I now know where I messed up with the font tags, you have to be SO careful and really detailed before you hand your work in for that class.

I think I'm going to get to go to LT tomorrow, super excited! So long as I get my groceries and do some Human Relations homework, I can justify going out. Exciting!

Did I say that I went out last night? Daniel called me up and asked if I wanted to come over and play Monopoly, and I was actually free, so I did. It was him, his mom, their tenant, Dan Shipton, Alena (??) and me. Paul was playing pool with his gf :) Jen. I felt bad, because it always seemed whenever Paul called me I was unavailable, and the one time Daniel called me I was free. Oops. When Daniel dropped me off we had a good talk about where we're going in life and how to understand what God wants for our lives. It was nice to talk to him and get to know him a little more. And guess what? I'm not falling for him, nope. Just enjoying his friendship.

I'm really alright with being single. There was this plot going on about trying to hook me up with a guy (big long complicated story), and it hasn't worked out yet-and guess what? That's okay!! I decided that I've got too much on my plate right now that to throw a guy into the mix would just be both stupid and unfair to both of us. Besides, a relationship is supposed to be a blessing, not a burden and God WILL bring it at the right time. Such a relief!

I can't stop smiling. I walked home today from the bus stop and I don't know why but the song "In My Life You Are the River..." is in my head and so I've been humming it and singing it for like the last hour.

In my life You are the river
Purify and wash away (wash away)
Cleanse me of my stubborn rebellion
Recreate me day by day

God does that, He will purify us and wash away our sin...we just have to ask. I've been listening a lot to K-LOVE (a href="http://www.klove.com" listen online! ) And sooooo many of the songs have really spoken to me, and I plan on sharing this with my youth girls when I go home for Christmas, but for those of you that read this, this is for you! (even though I never got to hold you-unless I was giving you a hug or holding you back from chasing down the boys :P) I realize this song is from a parents perspective, but this is how I feel about my youth girls.

It's only for a moment that you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray for all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know you're walking in the truth
And if I've never told you
I want you to know that as I watch you grow

I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots and help you find your wings

May passion be the wind that moves you through your days
And may convictions keep you strong, guide you on your way
May there be many moments that make your life so sweet
But more than memories

I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots and help you find your wings

It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer you as you fly
I will give you roots and help you find your wings

tears me up everytime. This is a loooong post. congrats for those of you that made it this far. Thank you to my faithful readers: Wendy, Jordan & Jesse, Laura, Kris & Sharky, Mami, Rob, Darrell, Jenissa, Shannon and ??? (I don't know who all reads this, but I'm glad you do!) And also for the random people that drop by who I don't know personally, like the man from Welland that left a comment a couple posts ago, thank you! (one of my good friends is from Welland, actually!) :)

I love you guys and thank God for you, you are all such a blessing and an encouragement to me. Next time I see you, don't be surprised if I attack you with a hug. :)

3 comments:

  1. i made it, very long lol, congrats on life :P i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate MSN shortform. I refuse to use the Laugh Out Loud abbreviation, even here. And if people actually SAY those things, it drives me up the wall. Glad to hear that you've been happy, that's always a good thing! Unless you are supposed to be acting in a play and your character is sad. Then, be sad. At least until your scene is over. Just a little acting tip for you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That "letting go" song, so true!!! How much you've grown, it's wonderful to see you soar! I can't wait to hug you! "Pants"& Rob, you guys crack me up.
    Niki, Claudia always reads the blogs, even though she's very quiet. Rob has a very quiet readership, right?
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete