Monday, September 04, 2006

September long weekend

So I went camping in Elora and learned to cook for 9 people over a Coleman stove, good times. Kristy, Amy & I discovered (well they figured it out before me, but we went together) that it took less time to walk to Tim Horton's from our campsite than it did to drive there-go figure. By the time we walked there, the people driving were just making there way out of the park. Crazy huge park! I went on a nice walk on Saturday morning (I think?? the days have all meshed together) and walked until I got right down in the gorge and took a picture to prove it. :) I won't post any pictures tonight because I'm going to bed soon. I started reading and finished reading Nicholas Spark's book, "Nights in Rodanthe". What a good author. I held off peeing in the outhouse until Sunday (I had been going to the 'flush' bathrooms with Erin up until that point), but lost my resolve and caved and used it 3x in one day!! I never caved and used the shower though...the thought of paying money to shower in a dirty shower just didn't appeal to me, so the first thing I did when I got home was shower. I still smell like campfire! The weekend was alright...like always when you spend time with people there are times you would've preferred never to have happened, but all in all it was good. I got to relax a lot, which was a nice change. So that was my weekend and my first camping adventure in more than 5 years.
Speaking of adventures that haven't happened in 5 years...school starts this week. I thought it started tomorrow, so when I came home tonight and checked on my calendar and noticed that it's not until Wednesday I was SO happy! So I'll spend tomorrow doing laundry and getting ready for school.
Before I go to bed-television really IS stupid. I was attempting to watch it today, but it just annoyed me so much, I couldn't stay focused. TV really is a waste of time and the inventor was right when he said after making it that the best part of it was the off button! Goodness gracious. I'm sure glad that I have better things to do with my time. Like waste it on a computer...haha. Just kidding. Time for bed.
Love Niki

1 comment:

  1. my mom would drive home and shower when she went camping there ;) Congrats on the manager thing (I haven't checked your blog in so long, and there was so much to read, yay!) So if I understood correctly you are available tomorrow until 5:30?? Cambridge anyone? I'll call you in the morning.

    ReplyDelete