Friday, September 15, 2006

rollercoaster

So, I'm feeling good, I'm feeling bad, I'm good again, and today I'm home sick from school. Through it all I've still been happy and enjoying life...kind of a weird sensation. I went to work last night and my body fought it the 2.5 hours I managed to stay, I went home 4 hours before I was scheduled to. I came home and at 8pm (about 5 minutes after getting home) I crawled into bed and slept soundly until 9am this morning. Wow. I had an 8am class which I obviously slept through and my next class was at 930, which I wouldn't have been able to make it to, so I didn't go to school today. I don't like to miss class (especially in college when I'm paying for it), but I just couldn't make it. Today I'm going to take it easy, try and get to the college to pick up my schoolbooks so I can do homework this weekend and then I have some quiet(ish) plans for tonight.

In other news, I've finally bought all my books! I spent $475, $90 & $105 just on texts. :( I still don't know whether I have BCSAP (student loans) coming or not. I'm doing alright though. :) It's an adventure! I'm so excited about the prospect of being a school secretary, I can't wait until April 2008, woohoo! Apparently HDCH, a nearby Christian high school, is looking for a secretary, maybe I'll be lucky enough and they'll be looking for one again in a year and a half. :)

Also, I'm going to be tellering for our Sunday ALT services! Apparently you're supposed to be a member (called Partners at COTR), so I'll be taking the Partner's course (which sounds whole lot like a Bible study for married couples) sometime later this month. :)

The Montreal shooting a couple days really took me by surprise, but what bothered me the most was how desensitized I've become to violence. I remember when I heard about the Columbine shooting I was upset and it really angered me and I really felt for the families. Now, 7 years later, I hear about another shooting, same age of victims and this time even closer to home, and I'm more upset about how it doesn't even seem to affect me than the fact that a guy could do such a horrible thing! It felt so good when I was watching the news on Tuesday and I was actually able to cry over the tragedy. I don't ever want to become so desensitized to such horrible things that I can just shrug it off. I'm praying for those families, especially the family of the 18 year old Anastacia who was killed, as well as the shooter's family. Join me in praying?

Love Niki

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'll join you in praying! Love XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete