Wednesday, August 23, 2006

i got a new mixer!

So yesterday before work I did some shopping, and included in my new 'acquisitions' is a Betty Crocker hand mixer! Yay for things with my nickname on them! ;) So after I'm done updating here I'm going to go make some Marble Brownies, my mixer included some really good recipes!! :)
So Monday I was late for work, but it wasn't my fault-they called me in and said "just come whenever, it's okay if you're late, we're just happy you're willing to come in", well I had a couple errands to run, so I got to Sobeys an hour after the shift had started, not a problem though-a little annoying because I missed the bus by only a minute, but whatcha gonna do? So yesterday I left my house WAY early for the bus, forgetting that I needed to leave at 4:50 to catch the 5 o'clock bus, I for whatever reason thought I had to leave to catch a bus at 4:50, oops. So, "I have lots of time, I'll go sit down and read my mail"-which I had grabbed on my rush out the door, thinking I was going to be late. Would've been a great idea, except that my bus decided to be way early, so as I stepped outside to catch the bus, it pulled away from the stop and through the intersection, so I couldn't even run after it. grr. So, reluctantly I went over to the taxi and took it to work so that I wouldn't be late. Again, that would've been fine, except that I forgot that the $20 I had in my wallet I had taken out earlier to register for something and it was sitting in an envelope on my kitchen table. With just a few coins, I had to use my bank card (which I hate to do because it charges me everytime I use it), and to make matters worse I had to use a generic ABM, so it charged me an additional $1.50. gah. Then I got to work and it was ridiculously busy and people were getting annoyed and I felt so incompetent. Thankfully the day got better, and Ty even came back to pick me up at 10, so it all ended well. But what a rushed two days. So this morning when I got up to the bus stop to see the bus already there I started to freak out, "NOT THREE DAYS IN A ROW!!!". I ran and actually caught the bus this time, and when I sat down I realized that the bus I had caught was the early bus, but it was late-so now I was going to be 25 minutes early for work. Oh well, better than being late! I can't wait until I don't have to take the bus anymore.
The rest of my day has been great though! I was in a really great mood at work and one of my co-workers Kyle told me that I'd served his sister the other night and she thought I was 'adorable'. I guess I had been in a really good mood, and I was a friendly cashier. yay! :) I like when people remember me for good reasons. Then after work I went out for lunch with Jay. We just spent the last (almost) 3 hours in Montana's talking about all sorts of stuff and looking at pictures and videos from his trip across Canada. Good times. Wow does he ever have a vision and the energy to actually put those things into action. Very cool!
So now I'm about to make those marbled brownies (mmm, they have cream cheese in them!!) so I can share them with J & L tonight. I'm so excited, I'm finally going to see Laura after not having seen her in what feels like a month! What a great day!!!
Love Niki

3 comments:

  1. No J tonight, just girls night (i'll eat the brownies tho don't worry) Have your scrapbook stuff ready too, maybe we'll actually do that. I will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those crazy bus adventures... i remember them well. hang in there slugger!

    ReplyDelete