Thursday, August 03, 2006

hearts, hugs & happiness...

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking you as a precious jewel
Lord to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name

I've just randomly started singing that song a lot lately, and I'm just letting the words sink in...YOU are MY strength when I am weak. So cool. God is my strength, when I'm weak, which is...let's face it, all the time. My God is so awesome. Which reminds me of a verse, "His grace is sufficient for me". And the next line of that song, the treasure that I seek. Not boys, not success, not wealth, not BOYS haha. It's God, and that's who it needs to be. SO cool! And, "Lord to give up I'd be a fool". Well that pretty much sums it up, doesn't it? I just love how I sometimes randomly start singing worship songs. So awesome. Sometimes I'll start humming them, and next thing I know I'm singing them, and I'm at work. tee-hee. :)
Other news. I had an interview with Brandi (don't even know her official job title) at ActLabs last night, because I couldn't get anyone to cover my shift for an hour today for the scheduled interview time. But that's totally fine with me, as a matter of fact, maybe I'll stand out because I wasn't at the same time as other ppl? Maybe. That'd be great. :)
Also, tonight was...interesting, at Sobeys. I was working customer service with a great coworker named Bethany when this man came up with too many groceries. Too many for our tills, because we're really only an express lane (a major reason being we don't have a conveyor belt, and hardly any counter space), and we're mostly there to do lottery and do customer service-y things (like returns and complaints and such). Anyway, so this man comes up and Bethany tried to explain he needed to go to another till, but then he started complaining, she got exasperated and decided to take him. Poor thing (her, that is). He started getting mad at her for not wanting to take her, the more she tried to explain, the more agitated he got. Well it got worse and worse, to the point of him yelling at her, calling her a racist. I got a manager to come over and he went crazy, people were telling him to stop yelling at us and he said "you need to put a sign on your door that says 'we don't serve black people' because its true, you don't want to'. And it was just ridiculous. Of all people to have gotten this customer, it was our nicest, most timid cashier. I was so mad at him. He nearly had our manager (who's one tough cookie) saying things she would regret. I've never seen someone so adamant to convince himself and others that there was racism. But there wasn't. So...that was different. All of the customers that came up after him were like "what the heck??!" So, it was pretty obvious that it was a one-sided thing. Sucky for Bethany though. But she seemed okay afterwards.
Hmm. So, there's my life. The good spiritual-ness of life, the job, the work at the other job. And in a nutshell: life is grand. Tomorrow is Nick & Rachael's wedding!!! Before that I have to go by the college and pick classes. So I really need to go to bed, because I have to be up at about 7am. Ick. Ok, I'm out.

LOVE niki :)

3 comments:

  1. I hate when people act like that, it's so stupid. I'm glad I wasn't there because I may have said something that I would have regretted later. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song too. Singing gives you a happy feeling. Many people are very unhappy and can't deal with life's problems and then take it out on people around them. Stay kind and PRAY for these people. I called GM to wish her a happy 80. and got a chance to talk to my sis! XOXOXO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I love that too when random worship songs come into my head. I think I get more from those songs at those times than I do at church when we're singing them. Church is where we learn them, the rest of the time is where we apply them.

    ReplyDelete