Friday, October 14, 2005

Okay, well I did previously start up a blog and it for some reason got all messed up and now I can't find it anymore! Oh well, I'll just start a new one, so here it is, voila!

I'm leaving today!! I can't believe it, but it's true! So I'm off to have a pancake breakfast and then pack up the last of my things before my parents and I go to Vancouver. I suspect I'll be spending a nice sum of money, I need to pick up a raincoat and a few little odds and ends. And then I guess my parents and I might have a Timmy's and spend a little time together before they take me to the train station.

My mother is reminiscing, for some reason (she doesn't know it either) she's pretty emotional about me leaving. I guess, every other time I went away she knew exactly where I was and how to get a hold of me. Not this time. And I'm not doing it to be a brat...I'm just excited for this adventure! So here's a quick recap, in case you don't know...

Oct 14-17 Take the VIA Rail Canadian from Vancouver to Toronto
Oct 17-24 Stay with some friends in Ancaster, ON
Oct 24-26 Hang out in Montreal, see some sights
Oct 26 Board freighter
Oct 27-Nov 4 TRAVEL THE WIDE OPEN SEAS! :) :) arr, matey!
Nov 5 Arrive in Hamburg, take a train to Switzerland
Nov 6 Go visit Grossmami & Grossvati (grandparents) and maybe Zueri relatives
Nov 7 Start exploring Europe!

I guess from there I'm just going to have to update each day, because as of right now, I have NO idea! :) (I know it's comments like that, that make my parents nervous) I bought a very extensive book on travelling in Europe, and I have a few maps and a lot of long days on that freighter, so I suspect I'll map out some good routes before I get there.

And now it's time to go eat that pancake breakfast and say, farewell! Until next time friends, God bless!!

Love Niki

2 comments:

  1. O ... M ... G ... Nykie ... Im soo sorry I didnt get to come out. I had to work unexpectadly and and ... I cant beleive I missed saying Goodbye, I feel like such a shmuck for not being there. Im so upset about this :( I hope your trip on the train was awesome :) And your trips around Toronto and Montreal are awesome. Montreal has such an awesome old time feel, with its cobblestone streets and such. I loved it and luckily could take in the culture when I was there even though I was so young. Im sorry I couldnt have been a better friend and had my sh*t together to come and see you before you left. Love you Lotz Nicole Ill miss you tons :'(

    ~ Kate


    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things are going awesome. i miss you i guess part of its i cant call you and vent about my problems and shit. well not much is new on this front i guess umm i'll maybe email you in a couple days cause well i need to vent.
    loves ya
    bronwyn

    ReplyDelete