Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ancaster, Ontario!

Hey Everyone!

Well I got into Ancaster okay...just a little late. The trip by train was BEAUTIFUL! The 'comfortability' on the other hand wasn't that good...but the scenery more than made up for it! I left on Friday at 5:30 from Vancouver and took a train to Toronto, with prolonged stops (that I remember the name of) in Jasper, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Capreol (ON) and then of course, Toronto. I think I rember stopping in 2 or 3 other places, small little towns-but I don't remember the names, and we were only there for a few minutes. Although, we did pass dozens of little train stations-some which looked like outhouses! I got some good pictures! We finally arrived in Toronto at 9 pm and then I grabbed by luggage, said goodbye to fellow passengers and ran to my next train, which was due to leave in 8 minutes. Due to leave. It was late...if there's one thing I've learned-Canada's rail system, bites!

Anyways, so I finally got to Aldershot at about 10:45 (instead of 10) and there was Matt, so patiently waiting! :) THANK YOU!!!! And then we went out for supper at Kelsey's at sometime after 11, stayed and talked and ate and then went to his place where I've taken over his sister's room. I haven't met her yet, but I'll be very thankful when I do! He's gone to work for the day and his mom and I are the only ones at home. She's very nice, I think I'm going to like it here! :) I know I will.

So, now for a few pictures:

1) me in Jasper (note the sign says the distance to Vancouver and also to Montreal, my starting point and ending point in Canada)

2) one of my favourite shots in the Rockies, from the train

3) just a cool scenery shot I liked, also from the train

4) one of those little 'outhouse' train stations I was writing about!


That's all for now, take care!

Love Niki

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to admit to feelings of jealousy. Travelling cross country by train. Living in Montreal for a while. Going to Europe. Seriously, is there room in your luggage for someone about my height? Hope all goes well for you, keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete