Monday September 5
- Andrew + Dawn Bernardi (maintenance at Kawkawa) drove me to MR, where Papi picked me up
- Spent the morning + early afternoon @ parents relaxing and helped clean house
- Drove w/ Papi to airport, did a bunch of shopping on the way (incl. Mami's b-day gift)
- Met Dani + Peter @ luggage carousel 5 (on video) :)
- Drove home, stopped to take pictures @ Klingler's house (John's family) on the way - met "new" (30 years) homeowners, learned about ppl Papi grew up with, took pictures
- Went home (more shopping, Papi wouldn't let Dani buy me alcohol!
s) ate supper w/ Ken + Sheree, Mischo + Nicole
- Peter + Dani went to Ken + Sheree's, we went to bed
Tuesday September 6
- went for breakfast @ Knight + Day restaurant
- picked up 15 passenger from Schuetz's
- got to see CJ, Tyler + friends (were having a "going to school party")
- drove to the log booms (sp?) at
And that's all I have! It makes me sad that I don't have notes about the rest of our trip. I remember going to Steveston (a little wharf town), touring the cannery (boy, did that smell bad!) and having lunch there (I was the only one who didn't have seafood, because I hated it at the time [I've grown to tolerate it, but I still don't like it]). We also walked along the docks and found a boat that was called "Natascha" - just the way Dani's wife (they weren't married then though, just dating) spells it.
I do also have the old emails that Dani and I exchanged, and while I am trying to clean up, minimize and generally get rid of belongings I don't need, I am sure glad that I'm finding some of these old things. I'm so sentimental, but it's moments like this that I'm thankful :)