Tuesday, October 13, 2009

it's official, i've found the one!

I've found the one I've been looking for!!!

A house that is.

It's actually a condo. It costs only (only!! I can't really afford it at the moment...sigh!) $186,000. It's a condo and the building includes:
  • pool
  • sauna
  • pool
  • gardens
  • rooftop patio
Not to mention the condo itself which is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo with a covered balcony and a large kitchen, dining room, living room and laundry room.

AND, it's in downtown which means I could walk to work, walk to the Market, to Locke Street, the main library, everything.

Also, if I ever did get a job at the school board, it's within walking distance too!

Not to mention that the Bayfront is not too far away and I'd be so close to so many friends who live downtown.

The only downside I can see is that it's only one block west of Hess Village, which is the bar scene of Hamilton. To be fair, I've heard that Hess has some wonderful cafes, it's just not a place I'd venture into at night.

The apartment that is up for sale is on the 9th floor, so if I don't make it to the gym, I could at least exercise by using the stairs.

I wonder how often apartments in this place become available?

Check out this website for pictures of the condo.

7 comments:

  1. That's less than I paid for my place, and it looks significantly larger than mine.

    Ah the advantages of not living in the lower mainland in BC, lower housing prices. Too bad that's the only advantage :P

    This is a good time to get into the market if you could. Housing prices are near their lows, and at least out here, they are already going back up again, and record low interest rates that really can't drop any lower.

    Also, being a 3 bedroom apartment, you could help pay your mortgage with a roommate or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!!! I wish I could help with the down payment!
    XOXOXO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how are the condo fees? It looks beautiful and I would love living downtown Hamilton :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is wrong with living close Hess Village ;) You would be close to me. Happy Birthday btw! sorry it was late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great Nix. And I think that's a pretty good price for what you get. Our house was more than that and I bet your condo is bigger. Try and go for it I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every once in a while I get to "check in" on your blog, and I was excited to see this gorgeous condo on your mind... I agree with "mewdied"... smile. With a 3 bedroom condo you could almost live for free if you rent out the other 2 rooms!! It's a beautiful place... and I am a great believer in working toward owning your own home. I'm sure God will make your path clear to you. :) Great to say "hi"!

    ReplyDelete