Sunday, March 02, 2008

content

The word content brings this cool feeling to me when I utter it, or think it. The other night I had dinner @ the LeaKer's and when asked if I wanted more meat I said, "no thanks, I'm content". It got me thinking.

What does contentment really mean? Dictionary.com defines it as

"satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else"

That pretty much summed up my speculations as to whether my comment at the dinner table was accurate. Now, what else am I content with?

mmm...another happy list by Niki!

music just the right volume adds ambience
heat feeling nice and cozy in this apartment of mine
homework (yep) is stretching my mind
dinner hit the spot
worship no tears but powerful nonetheless
Sundays perfectly relaxing
time still time to finish scrapbooking, homeworking, and lots of sleep
friends so many to love and be loved by
knowledge my head is brimming with newness and understanding

And the inevitable: Men. None for me but surrounded by enough healthy ones to begin to understand what it is to be loved, to love, and to be content. My standards are set, by God's standards. I trust that HE will provide, in His timing. I'm smiling because I'm single. God is SO good. As a good friend once said "God needs to be the cake, and the man is the icing". The icing is an added touch, but the cake is the foundation, if you will. You can have icing apart from cake, but it'll make you sick. (my interpretation of her comments).

Life is good.

Laura and I had a good date night tonight. We sat and scrapbooked and talked. Then we had a delicious dinner (reminder: clean the stove!!) and more talks. Then we scrapbooked some more and it was time for her to go home. Now I have an evening to finish up the cards I was making, do a little homework and get a good night's rest before tomorrow.

I'm in love. (...not with a man! ...err, or woman! aah. Umm...in love with life people. Sheesh)
Niki

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog last week via laura, and have only had a chance to read it today, but I am totally feeling the contentment vibe. That verse where Paul says he has learned the "secret to being content in any and every situation" has been rolling around in my head alot lately. It's a wonderful feeling. And for the first time in my life, I am totally cool with being single and just living my life to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, Steph great to hear from you! We never did have a Steph/Laura/Niki date...that needs to happen before she runs off and gets married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah and you guys could roadtrip together after i get married (i have a feeling i'll miss having girl time when I'm stuck living with a boy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "stuck living with a boy"...as if you're not going to love it!!
    But I will come visit, promise. Steph, road trip?

    ReplyDelete