Thursday, December 14, 2006

DONE!

So I've been trying to not post so that everyone got a chance to read my last blog about the I AM COMING campaign, but decided I couldn't hold off posting anymore. (addicted much? Yeah...). anyways, so please if you haven't checked it out yet, go look at the site, watch the videos, think about ways you can change the world-and sign the declaration. We have thousands of girls around the world that are needing your help, let's stop the traffickers.

Now onto things that are closer to home...my exams are done! I'm so excited, all six are finished and no more school for nearly 3 weeks. How great is that? Let me tell you, it's ...GRRRRRRRRRREAT!! Just yesterday I was thinking "I can't believe I'm back at school...wait, I can't believe school is already done for the semester!" I've hardly been able to comprehend the fact that I'm back at school, and now I'm 1/4 of the way done. So cool.

My boss at school offered me a steady 15 hour/week job next semester, being her assistant. I'm going to have to tell Judy that I can only work Fridays & Saturdays. :S Pray for me, I don't know how she's going to take it. This way I'll have Sundays AND Mondays off. :) It's a frustrating place to be, I'm glad I have the steady hours doing the office work, but 15 hours just isn't quite enough to make ends meet, and I have a feeling Judy won't be happy about me wanting so few hours-but I need just those fex extra hours to make it work, because any more would have me stressed and run-down before January is over.

God is providing and it is cool. Who knew that I'd get an office job while studying office administration within my first month of being in school? One of my teachers also told me that I'd be a very likely candidate to get an office job over the summer at the school! I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing...God's making it very clear. It's great!

Today I'm working at Sobeys for 7 1/2 hours, and then going straight to the school. (I know, I'm a nut...who would go back to school if they were done?? The answer is: Niki). I'm actually just going there to meet up with some friends from the christian fellowship because we're going bowling tonight as our last 'event' or something before Christmas.

Can you believe its nearly Christmas? I can't! It's nuts...It's less than two weeks away. I haven't done my shopping. I'm going to do my shopping when I'm in BC, that way I don't have to carry it on the plane. I'm not planning on doing the Christmas card/gift buying for everyone/cookie baking this year, just not a lot of time. Instead I'll have a party in January. Besides, I think we too often just buy gifts because we feel obligated-I like to give little gifts throughout the year to show I care.

I should go make breakfast. And you should go to the I AM COMING website. Love you, and see you soon!! :)

niki

2 comments:

  1. Shanon wants to come over and do some baking with you, when you're here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't the only one crazy enough to go back to school once you are done. I've been at BCIT a bunch lately, friends going there, and now helping them study for finals. Can't wait to see you when you get here. BTW I don't think your post is as long as mine. :P

    ReplyDelete